cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
DataRecover
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

How to recover data after HP BIOS windows reset

Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

Hello Friends,

i have reset my window 10 because it was very slow and i am not able to do any thinks.

first reset thru HP support assistance but which is not fix my issue then i did thru bios  for win reset. after window

After the window was reloading and I noticed that my HD is formatted fully and able to see only C and D(window recover) drivers only but i had 4 drivers before win reset.

i am not able to see other 2 (E & F) drives and window 8.1 is installed but i was using windows 10 before window reset.

then i try to update my windows try windows update service, the wn update service was running more than 12 hrs but without any update and also no error messages.

now, i had check with hp support team thru hp chat they have try to fix almost 3 more days but no use and they are not able to fix the isses. i have same issess no.

after windows reset thru bios

1. i lost my date: which is not respose by hp and they don't have any support

2. windows are not working as exepected

note: i do't have any issuse till the warent expire after my warent expired. i try to face issue, 

please any one can help me above the 2 problems

Thanks and Regards,

Pandiyan Rengasamy.

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Level 15
Level 15
9,083 8,978 733 3,298
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

How to recover data after HP BIOS windows reset

@DataRecover wrote:

(...)

i have reset my window 10 because it was very slow and i am not able to do any thinks.

(...)

After the window was reloading and I noticed that my HD is formatted fully and able to see only C and D(window recover) drivers only but i had 4 drivers before win reset.

i am not able to see other 2 (E & F) drives and window 8.1 is installed but i was using windows 10 before window reset.

then i try to update my windows try windows update service, the wn update service was running more than 12 hrs but without any update and also no error messages.

(...)

after windows reset thru bios

1. i lost my date: which is not respose by hp and they don't have any support

2. windows are not working as exepected

(...)

Hello @DataRecover

Welcome to the HP Support forum.

* The HP Recovery procedure is like this - the entire HDD is formatted (or just the necessary partitions) and the data stored previously is erased. Some models have an option to offer back up of data (copy) during the recovery but some don't.  If you have already performed the recovery and you haven't backed it up previously - there is no way to restore it. I am sorry about that.

* If you previously performed upgrade from Win 8 to Win 10 on this very same computer and if you used Win 10 for a while and if Windows 10 was activated (it's licence was activated), then your computer has a Digital entitlement option stored on Microsoft servers. Because of this, you no longer need a code/lic key to activate Windows if you need to reinstall it.  More info:

>> https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/12440/windows-10-activation

>> http://www.winbeta.org/news/digital-entitlement-a-new-method-of-activation-in-windows-10

You can directly download Windows 10 ISO from MS site or download Media creation tool from Microsoft site, create installation DVD or installation USB  and  proceed with clean installation/reinstallation.  If you prefer running Windows 10 and if the above is your case, please let me know and I will provide you with detailed instructions how to proceed .

* Re. Windows updates problem - this is not a problem caused by HP but from Microsoft. If you search in  Google for  "windows 8.1 update hangs on checking for updates" you will notice this is a common problem. Windows Vista, 7, 8, 8.1 are no longer Microsoft priority - Win 10 is their priority. Once you reinstall Windows, you will need to update quite a few things , apply lots of updates and it may take a while.

Could you download and run Microsoft's Windows Update troubleshooter >> https://aka.ms/diag_wu

Also, check this article (the Win 7 and 8 sections down) >> http://www.howtogeek.com/247380/how-to-fix-windows-update-when-it-gets-stuck/

Hope this helps. Provide feedback and don't hesitate to post again if something is not clear.

Your feedback and update is highly appreciated
*** Click on the button below to accept this advice as a solution if it helped you
*** Don't hesitate to hit the THUMB-UP+ button below to say thanks or give like 
index.png
HP Expert - volunteer - not employed by HP Inc. *** I express personal opinion only. *** IT Commodity and Cyber Security professional *** Location/timezone: Europe
0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation