cancel

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Robinhj Honor Student
Honor Student
4 1 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

How to replace the AMD graphics card that came with the PC?

Pavilion 550-153na
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

How do I change the card in my desktop PC?  I have uninstalled the AMD card, removed the driver and removed the card so my PC is just using the onboard Intel graphics but when I try to put in my old GeForce 430GT card the PC just gives me three long beeps and 3 short beeps over and over.   It wont respond to me holding down the esc or del keys while booting (they both work fine without the GeForce in the slot)   People have suggested I need to change something in the BIOS first to disable the Intel graphics  but I cannot see anything in there relating to that.

I admit to being rather stupid in assuming that a new PC with newer graphics card with 2Gb RAM must be better than my ancient 1Gb GeForce but that seems to be the case 😞    If there is a problem with using this particular card then suggestions for what would work better are welcome.

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Provost Provost
Provost
102,615 96,692 14,982 23,075
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

How to replace the AMD graphics card that came with the PC?

Hi:

Since your PC came with Windows 10 you have to change two BIOS setting prior to installing your video card.

Please see this link for the BIOS settings you need to change...

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03653200/

After you change those settings, now that you have uninstalled the original card that was in there, and uninstalled the drivers, you now have to uninstall the Intel graphics adapter and driver in the device manager in the same manner you did the add on card.

Then shut down, unplug the PC and install your GT 430.

If that doesn't work either, unfortunately I don't have any other suggestions for you to try.

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation