Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
bk000 Student
Student
1 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

How to set up RAID in BIOS - not many options

Omen 870-030vx z170 chipset
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Where can I find an operating manual for the HP branded motherboard?

My Oct. 2016 (build date) Omen 870-030vx desktop has 4x SATA connectors on the MB (Z170 chipset).  It has a 512gig SSD boot drive attached to SATA#1.

I attached 2x 6gig HDDs to SATA#3 and #4 thinking that HDDs are usually connected in pairs for RAID such that channel 1 would be SATA#1&#2 and channel 2 would be SATA#3 & #4.

The BIOS set up lets you change from AHCI mode to RAID but it never gives you an option to choose which set of HDDs you want to place in the array - nor does it have an option to choose RAID "0" or RAID "1", etc.

If RAID is choosen in the BIOS then the computer fails to boot. 

What have I done wrong here?

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Provost Provost
Provost
102405 14255 21906
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

How to set up RAID in BIOS - not many options

Hi:

You can't just switch the controller settings without making some changes in the OS registry, or the OS will not boot.

Please see this related thread.  Should be the same for W10.

https://communities.intel.com/thread/28709

Unfortunately, I have no idea where you would find a manual for the motherboard.  The only guides available will be on the support page for your PC.

You may be able to use this general guide for how to set up a RAID array...starting on page 15

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c03519601

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation