cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
getdaisy
2 0 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post

How to turn off keyboard sound in Windows 8 (not the touch keyboard, but the regular one)

HP Recommended

The clicking noise whe I am typing on my wireless keyboard seems impossible to turn off.  ANy way to get rid of this sound?

Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4
old_geekster
Level 16
Level 16
25,172 24,798 2,904 10,815
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Getdaisy, welcome to the forum.

You can go to PC Settings / PC and devices / Typing / Touch keyboard / turn off "Play key sounds as I type".

Please click the "Thumbs Up+ button" if I have helped you and click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!
Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Lkfoerster
1 1 0 0
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have Windows 10, and I can't turn off keyboard sound. This is very annoying. I've gone to Settings and toggled keyboard sound off, and that didn't work. Then I restarted my computer, checked the settings, and while it said OFF, it's still doing it.

Please help! I have a large paper to type, and can't deal with the noise.

Blessings,

Lkfoerster

old_geekster
Level 16
Level 16
25,172 24,798 2,904 10,815
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Lkfoerster, welcome to the forum.

I am not certain why your method didn't work.  So give this a try: Control Panel / Sound / right click Speakers / Properties / Enhancements / Disable all sound effects / Apply.  This may work for you.

In the future, please start your own thread.  This will give you more responses to your questions.  Once a thread has an answer many members don't look at it again.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!
tomjs1
1 1 0 0
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Here is how to Disable Click Sound for On-Screen Keyboard in Windows 10

1:- In the Windows Search bar positioned at the bottom left corner of your screen, type “Keyboard”. Click on the first option provided to open the “Keyboard” desktop app.

2:- Click on “options” provided at the bottom right corner of the keyboard screen.

3:- Remove the check mark next to the “Use click Sound” and click on “OK” to finish this process.

Source:- https://merabheja.com/how-to-disable-click-sound-for-on-screen-keyboard-in-windows-10/

ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation