cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Scottcnn
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hp Envy 23 touchscreen won't boot up

HP ENVY 23-d160qd TouchSmart A
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

Hello,

I upgraded to windows 10 and a few weeks later an error came up while booting that said there was a problem and that we will fix it and after that I can even get the computer to boot up at all. All it does is click and the fans run. I'm guessing I'm out of luck, but I thought I'd see if anyone else has had a problem. It only a couple of years old and rarely use. Worked fine up until this.

Thanks

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Retired
Retired
7,771 6,895 449 843
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hp Envy 23 touchscreen won't boot up

Hi there @Scottcnn

Welcome to the HP Support Forums! It is a great place to find the help you need, from other users, HP experts and other support personnel. I understand that you are not able to get your computer to start properly. I am happy to help with this.

It may not be possible, but see if you can get your computer to start in Safe Mode. If you can then you can try things like System Restore, or System Recovery.

HP PCs - Windows Safe Mode (Windows 10, 😎

If that does not work, then I would recommend you work through this page instead, as it can help isolate a cause.

HP Desktop PCs - Computer Does Not Start (Windows 10,8)

Let me know the results, or any error messages that you may encounter. In some cases the document will direct you to contact HP because of where troubleshooting led. If that occurs, then use the following http://www.hp.com/contacthp and create a case for your issue and contact HP. If you live outside the US/Canada, please click the link below to get the contact information for your region.http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/ww-phone-assist.html

I hope that something here helps, and if so and it helps resolve the issue then please mark this post as a solution.

Malygris1
I work on behalf of HP
Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click Kudos Thumbs Up on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!
0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation