cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
TugayT
3 1 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Hp Omen Not waking up from sleep

HP Recommended
OMEN 870-104na

Please can someone help!

I have recently Purchased a OMEN 870-104na and I am using the display ports to connect three screens which is all great. However when the computer goes to sleep and i try to kick it out of sleep, the monitors do not respond but the desktop it self wakes up as all the lights come on and fans come on. Its like the graphics card is still asleep. I have tried all of the diagnostics and everything that i found in the other HP Forums on why it may not work and it has still made no difference. I have changed the hibernation settings to and restarted the computer and again when it goes into sleep mode it doesnt wake up the screens again.  So it requires me to hold down the power button and reset from a cold restart for everything to start working again which is frustrating.

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
senan6806
Retired
Retired
4,667 4,662 307 408
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @TugayT,

Thanks for posting on HP Support Forums. 🙂 I'm here to help.

I got to know from your post that the external monitors won't respond when you wake up your PC from sleep mode.

Updating the system BIOS and Graphics drivers may resolve the issue, please try these steps: 

1.) Download and update the system BIOS from here: http://hp.care/2oFb8E5

2.) Restart the PC.

3.) In Windows, search for and open "Device Manager".

4.) Double-click "Display adapters".

5.) Right-click the graphics device and select "Uninstall". Make sure that you check the box "Delete the driver software for this device"

Once the graphics driver is removed, download and install the latest graphics driver from here: http://hp.care/2oFb1Zk

Let me know if you have any questions.

**Please click  "Accept Solution" if this has resolved your issue.**

**Click on the "Thumbs Up Icon" on the left to say "thanks" for helping!**

Senan6806

I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation