Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

can I just used another LCD monitor and used usb converter?

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

Hi Dochess,

Welcome to the HP Forums!

I understand that you would like to replace your LCD screen, and I would be happy to be of assistance!

So that I may better assist you, I will need to know the Product and Model Number of the desktop you have. This will give me the necessary information to pull up the exact part(s) you will need for your PC.

If you computer is in warranty, you can also call our technical support at 1-800-474-6836. If you live outside the US/Canada Region please click the link below to get the support number for your region. http://www.hp.com/cgi-bin/hpsupport/index.pl

Please re-post with the necessary information, and I look forward to your reply!

Cheers

MechPilot
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

Thankyou for your reply. The Product number is H3Z61AA#ABA Model number 23-b034. It was bought in the states but i'm in the Philippines. 

HP Recommended

Hi Dochess,

Thank you for the quick reply!

Since there are no replaceable LCD screens in the Upgrading and Servicing Guide, unfortunately there are no options available to replace the broken screen. Once again, if your desktop is in warranty, please call our technical support at 1-800-474-6836. If you live outside the US/Canada Region please click the link below to get the support number for your region. http://www.hp.com/cgi-bin/hpsupport/index.pl

I hope this helps!

Regards

MechPilot
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

HP Recommended

thank you again for ther eply.

is there any alternative possible solution for my desktop? 

HP Recommended

ok i will be a moment and will get the relevent info .....

HP Recommended

Hello @tgregs,

Thank you for contacting me about your issue, and welcome to the HP Forums!

According to the Upgrading and Servicing Guide for your computer, unfortunately there are no options available to replace the broken screen as well. For further assistance, please call our technical support at 1-800-474-6836. If you live outside the US/Canada Region please click the link below to get the support number for your region.

http://www.hp.com/cgi-bin/hpsupport/index.pl

I hope this helps!

Happy New Year! 🙂

MechPilot
I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

The statement that an HP Pavilion 23-B034 with a cracked screen cannot be repaired is completely false. Their trained support desk may not have it in the script they read, which  advises warranty coverage or to seek paid technical support.

But if you have any technical sense, can watch a youtube video, have a small screwdriver kit and are OUTSIDE of your warranty you can replace your Cracked LCD in an AIO HP Pavillion with no external video output for about $100.

Do NOT void your warranty. 

For the specific model 23-B034 the  LCD is an LG Display Model LM230WF5 (TL)(F2)

There are several places you can get this LCD. HP is just not one of them. There are other pavillion models with LCD screens that may need a different replacement screen.

This paticular model has a motherboard that does not allow for a discrete (external video card) to be installed, which is how I got the the LCD panel.

If your inclined to repair this machine that is what you will have to do. 

If your machine has not cracked i would advise looking into a Stargate USB to video conversion so you can install the software required to run an external monitor. Once the monitor is cracked you cant install the software you need to use this solution.

hope this helps. 

Saving a consumber $50 by not including and an external video out capability on the motherboard seems to be HPs way of ensuring a costly replacement for most people. (Read how many people have a broken AIO).  My screen cracked tipping over maybe 5 inches on the desk and if it's that delicate it needs to have better protection built in.  After this and 2 HP laptop experiences I can't see ever having another one.

The fact that their own technical support can't tell someone an out of warranty computer has a replaceable part is shameful.

But it seems like the intent is a cheap and replaceable unit not designed for fixing. 

HP Recommended

Hi, thank you for the answer which brings me to ask someting else from you, i have Pavillion 23xi screen with burned display panel, which is a common issue for this model, can you provide me the compatible display model for the replacement, soo far i had no luck find one.

There is no help from HP for this screen issue.

HP Recommended

Hi i have a client with a HP Pavillion 23 All-in-one PC...Serial No.[Personal Information Removed].. Product No. H6U09AA#ABA.. Model No. 23-b320. Need to replace screen. Can it be replaced and do you have the model # of the screen.
Thank you

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.