cancel

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
TheNewGamer2000 Student
Student
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hp Pavilion 550-047c Graphics card & Power supply upgrade.

HP Pavilion 550-047c Desktop
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello, I would like to upgrade this computer to a EVGA gtx 1060 sigle cooler,( 6.80" x 4.38") gpu.  I want to know if I can fit the card in my system. I am aware that I will need a new power supply due to the fact that a 180w psu will not cut it with this card. Can anyone suggest a power supply that will be sufficient enough to power the computer, coming with all the right cables?

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
PhD Student
PhD Student
743 739 90 157
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hp Pavilion 550-047c Graphics card & Power supply upgrade.

HI

As long as the motherboard as a pci express slot the graphics card or any graphics card to that matter will work ... just make sure you have the power supply to handle it and the case has good airflow and you should be ok .

I'm sure none of these, you're going to have problems,For the Intel H87 motherboard chipset:

-EVGA GeForce GTX 750

http://www.evga.com/Products/Product.aspx?pn=02G-P4-3757-KR

-NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780

http://www.nvidia.es/gtx-700-graphics-cards/gtx-780/

Regards.

☑ I do not work for HP, I volunteer.
☑ To close the topic, check "accept as a solution" the correct answer or Thumb to say thank you.
☑ I'm sorry but you do not answer questions privately.
0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation