cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Craas13
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hp Simple Pass

HP ENVY 23-o014 All-in-One Des
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My computer crashed and I replaced the hard drive.  I want to reinstall HP SimplePass.  Can anyone help?  I do not want to pay for something that I already had.

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Level 15
Level 15
23,808 23,589 2,043 7,472
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hp Simple Pass

@Craas13

System: HP ENVY 23-o014 All-in-One Desktop PC

The original version / series of HP SimplePass provided with this system was an older "series 6" (any SimplePass version 6.x) program that is not supported on Windows 10.

You will need to use a different program that is rated for the newer Operating System.

SimplePass Program

(At this writing) Latest Series 8 HP SimplePass:

sp76923 HP SimplePass V8.01.62A W7-W10 32/64bit

Windows 10 (fingerprint) Logon

Windows 10 requires the setup of a PIN to enable any onboard (or USB connected) fingerprint reader.

Windows 10 >   Settings > Account > Sign-in Options > PIN number 

Add or Remove Fingerprint logon - Windows 10

Website / Password Backup (Export)

There is no conversion program for the old Webcard Export (filename.tsd) -- you must manually recreate any / all websites-password setup (log into each website and provide password) to create a new database (called the Vault in Series 8 HP SimplePass).

Fancy_Lines_4.jpg

Builtin Fingerprint Reader

Unknown if your system provides a builtin fingerprint reader; none is listed in the Specifications.

If there is a fingerprint reader in the unit, you will need a Synaptics / Validity Sensor Driver that is rated for at least Windows 8.x -- if you provide the fingerprint reader IDs (Hardware ID), I will look for an appropriate Driver.

Find your fingerprint reader hardware IDs

Driver Hardware Ids of Biometric Device

Fancy_Lines_4.jpg

Using a PIN in place of fingerprint

SimplePass does not require a fingerprint reader -- change the SimplePass setup to use the PIN.

• Start / Open SimplePass program >

Example > Series 8 HP SimplePass

Path to executable:  C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\SimplePass\ClientCore.exe

Open File Explorer > Navigate to the containing folder > execute the program

• Use Password or Swipe a registered finger to gain access to the SimplePass Menu

Example > Windows 10:

Control Panel > HP Security Assistant > Manage Passwords and Accounts > HP SimplePass > log in with password

• Click on Settings >
  • Select control method: PIN, Windows Password, or Fingerprint

Fancy_Lines_4.jpg

USB Fingerprint Reader for Notebooks, Desktops

If you like (and assuming for the moment that the computer lacks a fingerprint reader), you can purchase a tiny USB Mini-Reader from Softex:

Mini USB Fingerprint Reader (by Softex)

1. Drivers for the reader are included within the device.  
  2. The Windows 10 PIN assignment / setup is required to enable use of the fingerprint reader

Fancy_Lines_4.jpg

Reference

Dragon Document - Help, suggestions, and examples:

Instructions to Upgrade HP SimplePass

Read the first page: Dragon Document Guidelines

When you see a Post that helps, inspires, provides fresh insight,

or teaches you something new, click the Thumbs Up on that Post.

Fixed / Answered? Click that post Accept as Solution to help others find Answers.

Kind Regards,
Dragon-Fur
0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation