Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
z400
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I just boghut a Z 400 After 2 days of working the rear fan start to go high and high by the time now the rear fan and the heat sink fan both running in top speed i was using Windows 10 and Driver pack soultion becouse thier is no driver for windows 10..
today i tried windows 7 and downloaded drivers from Hp website and the same proplem !!

A friend told me that i need to update BIOS .

So what should i do?

i wouled like to mention that the processor heat i 50~70c.

Thank you .

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

any help

HP Recommended

Did you try using this forum's search box to the top left, entering things like fast fans, fans running too fast, loud noisy fans, etc.?

There are a fair number of posts on the most common cause..... bad thermisitor that feeds the motherboard wrong info on the ambient air temperature.  The posts talk about what cable that is embedded in, and you often can find those used on eBay.  You may need to look at your cable and get the cable's HP part number off the label on the cable.  You can't usually just buy the thermisitor because it is built in to the whole cable itself (which does other things too).

HP parts have two numbers each.

You want 536304-001

It is also known as 455796-002 which is what you'll find it under on eBay.

I cannot be 100% sure this is your issue, but it is where I'd start.  These are not too bad to deal with in the Z400.

HP Recommended

So it's a hardware proplem Not from Windows not from Drivers ?

HP Recommended

Yep..... try the search box and see if you find any reference to it being a sofware problem.

Of course, in BIOS you can set the fans overall speed higher and higher, but default is that they're set to the lowest value.  Some people will choose to boost them higher for the period when they're running a very processor intensive project, but most of us don't.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.