cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Rick791
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hp drive encryption

Probook 650G1
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
I have reset my bios password but it still will not allow me to get passed the drive encryption. Any suggestions
0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Level 15
Level 15
18,200 18,145 1,697 3,989
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hp drive encryption

Rick791

Hello;

Allow me to welcome you to the HP forums!

I used to use a "loaned" HP EliteBook laptop from my (former) corporation, and it had three passwords:

1) BIOS

2) Hard Disk

3) Windows

The IT group used a commercial product that "hid" the first one and synchronized the other two -- so that when the PC booted, you were presented with a custom login screen, and when you entered the correct password, it both logged you into Windows and granted access to the hard disk.

There was simply no way to bypass or "crack" what they did, so that when 2) and 3) got out of synch, I had to take the laptop into the IT group, and they took it into the Lab and reset it.

In your case, I have no way of knowing what is running on your PC.  If you have used an HP product to encrypt the hard drive, that password is unrelated to your BIOS password -- and we have no way of helping you on that, nor is there any way around it.  IF there was, there would be no point in encrypting your hard drive.

***If my post helped, click the White thumbs-up symbol to say thanks***

***Please mark Accept As Solution if my post solved your problem***

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation