cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Bethy0514
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hp envy touchsmart m6 blank screen

My screen wont turn on my HP Envy Sleekbook touchscreen laptop. It turns on and the power button and wireless F12 key lights up but the screen in blank? Help! Any ideas?
0 Kudos
8 REPLIES 8
flyfisher604
Level 3
28 28 1 8
Message 2 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Were you running windows 8.1?

When I install update kb2903939 it causes an immediately black screen and stays that way. If you had auto update on then that is what has happened.

To resolve - power cycle several times (power on and then off without allowing for a full boot) until you get the recover screen options.  Work through the options and select safe boot. Rebooting in safe mode seems to not load whatever is causing the problem. Go to add remover programs and remove kb2903939 and then put it on the hidden list so it doesn't get reinstalled. The try to reboot. Worked for me.

Hope this helps.

I have talked to both Microsoft and HP support to try to get this issue resolved - I have a new Envy TS M6 and I don't really want the situation to be that Microsft updates crash/black screen the computer. I may even return my box until the issue is resolved.

Gemdandy
4 3 0 0
Message 3 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Seriously - powering on and off several times.

There must be a better solution.

Perhaps returning the laptop and getting something different is a better option?

0 Kudos
Retired
Retired
10,400 10,963 247 608
Message 4 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi Bethy0514, welcome to the HP Forums. It is a good idea to provide an exact model number of the product you need assistance with. I will use the "HP ENVY TouchSmart m6-k001xx Sleekbook" as a reference model.

Here is the startup troubleshooting guide. Find the symptom that most closely matches your symptoms and follow those steps.
The section that probably fits is "The computer starts, but the display is blank or unresponsive".
Computer Does not Start (Windows 8):
http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03515402

If you need further assistance, let me know your exact model number and the version of Windows that is installed.
<How Do I Find My Notebook Model Number>: http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c00033108
<Which Windows operating system am I running?>: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/which-operating-system

TwoPointOh
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

Ghuman08
2 1 0 0
Message 5 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi. I have a hp envy m6 woth windows 8.it was working in the morning but when i came back hime from college and start using it. It was working but suddenly the screen turn all white. Everything is working i guess it getting started processors is running bit screen is all white. Please help in this. I use my laptop for college work everyday. I am in lots of trouble.
0 Kudos
JJBaritone
5 4 0 0
Message 6 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@flyfisher604 wrote:

Were you running windows 8.1?

When I install update kb2903939 it causes an immediately black screen and stays that way. If you had auto update on then that is what has happened.

To resolve - power cycle several times (power on and then off without allowing for a full boot) until you get the recover screen options.  Work through the options and select safe boot. Rebooting in safe mode seems to not load whatever is causing the problem. Go to add remover programs and remove kb2903939 and then put it on the hidden list so it doesn't get reinstalled. The try to reboot. Worked for me.

Hope this helps.

I have talked to both Microsoft and HP support to try to get this issue resolved - I have a new Envy TS M6 and I don't really want the situation to be that Microsft updates crash/black screen the computer. I may even return my box until the issue is resolved.

Thanks so much for posting this! I had a similar problem after installing updates. It wasn't kb2903939 that was causing the problem for me, but it was one of the updates I installed today.

I had to power-cycle two times (turn off the PC by holding down the power button shortly after starting it up). Upon starting the third time, "please wait" appeared on the screen, and I was able to navigate to an option to restart in Safe Mode.  After uninstalling all of the udpates I installed today, my PC rebooted normally.

0 Kudos
alim12
1 1 0 0
Message 7 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

The section that probably fits is "The computer starts, F12key light turns and stays on, but the display is blank and message appears "prepared to diagnose, prepare to repay the problem" and nothing happened. It feels like laptop is blocked. There is no chance even to restore to a factory settings. The problem began after I clicked on Internet Explore to open. I have a Windows 7. Is that anyway to restore somehow my HP Pavilion sleek book? How to turn f12key off? How to get the functional screen back? Thank you.
0 Kudos
Amandadawn361
1 1 0 0
Message 8 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Model # m6-k015dx blank screen does exact same thing with screen and the power button and the f12 they light up for a few seconds then shuts off...helpppp please. Thanx....ooh was also using windows 8..
0 Kudos
DarkMan_X
3 2 0 0
Message 9 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I had the same issue. I first took out the HDD and booted the PC without it, no change. It had a mSata SSD also and I removed that and booted, got a "No Boot Disk" error. Felt like I was getting somewhere. I put the HDD back in got an no operating system detected. I removed the disk and put it in my desktop since it takes all types of drives and it detected errors and repaired then. I popped it back into the laptop and it works now WITH the mSata drive out.
0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation