Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Hp pavilion 23-q010
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
Hi all experts, I need help with my Hp pavilion 23-q010 all in one computer. It can't power on (ac adapter is doing lower beeping continuously when plug into computer.

What I have did was:
1, isolate the hard drive and remove the ram then put same one back in. Still no power come on. CPU fan no run , no see the light on the motherboard.
2, I had test ac adapter with multimeter, it has 19. Volt.

Any sugguestion would be appreciated. Just bought this one half year.
16 REPLIES 16
HP Recommended

It is still in warranty if bought six months ago.

Check your warranty status Here.

There is troubleshoooting for the beep codes at the support portal, for your AIO desktop, but nothing about continuous beeping. http://support.hp.com/us-en/product/HP-Pavilion-23-q000-All-in-One-Desktop-PC-series-(Touch)/7902091...

Normally continuous beeping with a desktop indicates memory module issues.

If you have a single stick of memory installed it is a bit difficult to troubleshoot that without having  a known good module one to swap in place of the originally installed memory module.

A test for voltage is not an accurate test of the power adapter. It has to be under load to test it. It may be failing when the motherboard attempts to draw more power that it is capable of at the moment.

I suggest contacting HP and requesting warranty service. This is what it is for.

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If my post was helpful or you just want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended
@erico thanks for the info. So the first need test is to get new memory and ac adapter. How many %do u think the motherboard fail.
HP Recommended

If it is beeping, then it isn't that likely that the motherboard has failed.  Even if it has, a replacement motherboard is covered under warranty.

Contact HP directly.

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If my post was helpful or you just want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended
@erico but my warranty is expired 6 months already. So which item I should test first?
HP Recommended
@erico do u think if memory dead we still could get the blue screen?
HP Recommended

@flowerhorn55 wrote:
@erico but my warranty is expired 6 months already. So which item I should test first?

This is what you said in the first post you made in this thread. "Any sugguestion would be appreciated. Just bought this one half year. "

Even though it is not a very understandable or complete sentence, it still leads me to me doubt your veracity.  Those were your words.

HP Recommended
@ erico I am sorry. I was try to say" one year six months " I said one half year.
HP Recommended

No worries.

I suggest trying a new power adapter first.

If that does not produce positive results then purchase a singe guaranteed compatible memory module to replace the one that is currently installed.

If the memory module does not product positive results then it is time to source another PC.

The cost of replacing the motherboard  will be reaching into half the current value of the PC.

That is the point that I recommend not going beyond.

HP Recommended
@erico thanks again. Do you know how much cost for only buy the MB, I install myself. if buy the MB, does the CPU already soldered on or its separate.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.