Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

The cost of the motherboard depends on where in the world you are located and how smart you shop online.  The prices vary, with the highest being direct from HP.   Your PC has the AABRZ-AB (Azara) motherboard. The motherboard supports the AMD E2-1800 processor only. The processor is not upgradable.

The HP part number is 704034-501.

If you choose to go the route of replacing the motherboard without trying a new power adapter or a memory module first, you may be losing the opportunity to repair the desktop at a low cost.  Either or both of those part will cost you less that $100.00 USD. A Motherboard is around $200.00 + shipping cost + OS cost.

If you replace the motherboard you will also need to purchase a new operating system activation key. That is because the operating system is tied to the motherboard. A replacement motherboard is not delivered with an operating system.

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If my post was helpful or you just want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended
@erico well, definitely I will try ac adapter and memory first. So is gonna cost 300 dollars for MB and OS. The CPU already come with right.
HP Recommended

Yes.

The processor is included with the motherboard.

Is there a letter at the end of the part name that you provided?

See the following link to ensure that you have the correct HP part number for your All-in-One desktop PC.

http://partsurfer.hp.com/WSearch.aspx?Wchar=Y&searchText=23-q010

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If my post was helpful or you just want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended
@erico there is no additional letter that I provided. I checked at. Bottom of the stand. Do you think that I should take to the local repair place. They might have the adapter and memory they could test right way. So I only have to buy the faulty one?
HP Recommended

@flowerhorn55 wrote:
@erico there is no additional letter that I provided. I checked at. Bottom of the stand. Do you think that I should take to the local repair place. They might have the adapter and memory they could test right way. So I only have to buy the faulty one?

They should be able to at least test the memory. They may or may not have the correct power adapter for an HP ALL-in-One PC.

HP Recommended
@erico thanks for all the info.
HP Recommended

You're welcome!

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.