Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Blancaperez Student
Student
1 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Hp stream notebook 13 power

Hp stream notebook 13
My laptop keeps on turning off and restarting for no reason. The screen just turns black while I'm using it. It's been doing this for a while.
1 REPLY
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
14579 954 1587
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post

Hp stream notebook 13 power

Hi @Blancaperez,

Thank you for posting on HP Support Forums. It is a great place to find the help you need, from other users, HP experts, and other support personnel. For you to have the best experience on the HP forum, you could also visit our HP Forums Guide for First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More.

As I understand the computer is powering on, however, doesn't boot into windows, And it turns off after a few seconds after it's turned on,

To provide an accurate solution, I'll need a few more details:

What is the product number of this computer? (Ensure you do not share any of your personal information such as serial, phone number, email ID, etc...).

Have you performed any steps on your own before posting on the HP Forums?

Have you made any software or hardware changes on the PC?

In the meantime, you perform the below steps:

Perform a Hard Reset

Please follow the steps listed in the guided troubleshooter - No Power or No Boot Troubleshooting

If the computer still turns off every few seconds, try with an alternate adapter and/or remove the battery and try turning on the computer without the battery,

only connect the adapter and start, let me know if that works.

For more steps, please following the troubleshooting steps from the support document for The Computer Restarts Unexpectedly (Windows 10, 8)

Eagerly waiting for your response!

I hope you have a good day ahead,

And Feel free to ask your queries as this forum has some of the best people in the world available and ready to help.

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation