cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
The HP Calculator Community Message Board is moving. While we prepare for the move, we are unable to accept new postings. During the move, you can look for help from other users by visiting https://www.hpmuseum.org/ . Or if you need technical support for your calculator visit: HP Calculators. .
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Chrisie61
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

I can not hear any sound from my speakers, not sure if media player is at fault or a hardware proble

HP Recommended
Pavillion a6712f
Microsoft Windows Vista (64-bit)

I tried to use system restore to back to any point to get my speakers to work and i got an error message that it could not do it. I have my speakers turned all the way up both on the speakers themselves and on the computer screen. I just am not sure if it is a software problem or a hardware problem

1 REPLY 1
mdklassen
Level 12
11,043 5,264 577 1,226
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

> not sure if it is a software problem or a hardware problem.

Connect the speakers to the "audio-output" ("headphone" / "earbuds") port on your smart-phone, and play something.

If the speakers work, they are not the problem.

Within Windows, have you "muted" the speakers?

In Windows 7, click the "speaker" icon, to show the sound-level "slider", and click on 'Mixer".

In that "Mixer" window, again check for "muted" or for a slider set to "minimum" level.

In the Windows "Device Manager", check that device-driver is loaded for your sound-card.

Maybe, double-click on the sound-card device, and click "Update Driver", and allow Windows Update to access the Internet to try to find updated software.

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation