cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
gypsyboy
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

I can't play dvd's on my HP

HP Recommended

I am trying to play a dvd on my desk top but nothing happens when i insert the dvd

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
TheOldMan
Level 15
Level 15
10,618 10,614 990 2,991
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Depending on the OS, it might be doing as instructed.  Windows 10 does not come with DVD playing software but HP usually has a copy of CyberLink installed to play DVD's.  You can tell Windows what to do when a DVD is inserted by going to the Windows setting page and then going to the system page.  When the DVD is in the drive, does it show in the "This PC".  I assume by playing a DVD you mean a regular movie type DVD, correct?

If there is no DVD playing software installed, then it will not play, of course.  In that case VLC can play DVD's.  You can find it here:

http://www.videolan.org/vlc/index.html

If there is software present and it will not play a DVD, then perhaps the drive has a problem.

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the thumbs up to give Kudos! " >.

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation