cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have forgot administrator password on my HP pavilion g series

i closed down as normal, the next time i opened my computer the administrator ask for my pass word. i entered my normal pass word it would not accept it, what can i do

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Level 18
49,520 49,455 9,896 16,714
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

Is this a power-on password that appears as soon as you turn on the machine?  If it is, enter an incorrect password 3 times and you should receive a 'halt code' - post back with this code.

If the password you're referring to is a Windows log-on password, post back with the version of Windows you're using.

Regards,

DP-K

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****

Windows Insider MVP

0 Kudos
Level 1
8 6 0 4
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Instantly reset password for Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows XP and Vista in a quick and simple way, without data loss and leaking out private information.

Follow this guide!

Signature removed.
Highlighted
3 2 0 0
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

when i enter a pass word this is what comes up "the user profile service failed the logon"

it then gives me a hint "DRIVING" under it "the user name password is incorrect"  

i also get the use account control box coming up saying " update for program" i then hit yes im then back to square 1

im on windows 7 home premium. i have not purchased Microsoft office only used the free version that has now run out could that be a problem?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
3 2 0 0
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have tried to down load the program the "administrator control" box comes up asking for the password. the very thing i cant do

0 Kudos
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation