cancel

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
CaribooSouth Tutor
Tutor
9 4 1 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have problems with burning second recovery disc

I have a new Pc model # a6724c works good,however to burn the 3 recovery disks.I inserted a DVD+R, fine,ok with this one.

I inserted another one identical, after few minutes I decided to stop as it was getting very late.Ok, Pc said next time we will start again where we stop today.

Next day,I insert # 2 disk from yesterday,PC says after few minutes : the disk you used yesterday was a Dvd R standard: you must use the type of DVD.

I tried again with the third disk from the same package.After few minutes PC stops and says the same thing.

Whenever I try again with either #2 or # 3 PC says : this disk is not blank.

Today I tried a DVD-R, Pc says ,no way you must use a DVD+R like the # 1 disk, that was succesfull.

Well I am out of blanks and would like some advise before I do buy some more.Please does anybody have an answer to this ?

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Associate Professor
Associate Professor
1250 1250 77 144
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Stick to one set of dvdr.

For example use DVD+R froo recovery discs or DVD-R for all.

Be sure to label Disc, 1 Disc 2, Disc 3.

It's saying you need to insert a blank one. So you'll need to buy more.

0 Kudos
CaribooSouth Tutor
Tutor
9 4 1 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you Cornel I will try again.
0 Kudos
CaribooSouth Tutor
Tutor
9 4 1 0
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HI, Cornell

I have contacted HP Help and Support they were very helpful.They are sending me a new set of Recovery disks valued at $ 39.99 for free.Case closed.Thanks again.

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation