Ask questions. Help others.
The HP Community is here for you.
Post new question
Question

Note on archived topics.
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here, or click on "Post new question" above and select the appropriate board.
Honor Student
Message 1 of 7 (17,092 Views)

I need XP drivers for the Pavilion a6000 desktop PC. Can't find them anywhere.

I am trying to fix my sister's desktop. I want to downgrade from Vista to XP. I have installed Windows XP but now I need drivers for everything. The machine only says a6000 on it so I don't know what version of the a6000 it is. Where can I get these drivers?

0 Kudos
Provost
Message 2 of 7 (17,079 Views)

Re: I need XP drivers for the Pavilion a6000 desktop PC. Can't find them anywhere.

Do you have AMD or Intel processor? If it is AMD use the drivers below>>

Nvidia Chipset(install & reboot before other drivers):

http://www.nvidia.com/object/nforce_nf4_winxp32_8.26_11.09.html

Realtek HD Audio_Choose High Definition Audio Codecs,accept agreement, then get the "Executable" file:

**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue to help others**
******Clicking the Thumbs-Up button is a way to say -Thanks!.******
Honor Student
Message 3 of 7 (17,069 Views)

Re: I need XP drivers for the Pavilion a6000 desktop PC. Can't find them anywhere.

I have an intel processor. I tried that same link you posted last night and it said that the computer doesn't have the minimum stuff to run that program, so I guess it is the wrong one. Please help. I am desperate!
Provost
Message 4 of 7 (17,065 Views)

Intel Chipset (Install and reboot) here

Realtek 8101E LAN:

http://tinyurl.com/2yhcdl

Choose High Definition Audio Codecs,accept agreement, then get the "Executable" file:

Provost
Message 5 of 7 (17,060 Views)

For  free burning software,try one of these:

For  playing DVDs,VLC Player:

Or_install codecs and any player can be used,WMP,Real Player,etc:

If you want to use the Lightscibe features of your burner,you can get free software from the site:

Honor Student
Message 6 of 7 (17,045 Views)

.I tried the chipset and the lan driver. No luck.

Highlighted
Provost
Message 7 of 7 (17,033 Views)

[ Edited ]

1- We need more specifics of machine if Intel and Nvidia Chipset both fail to install. Locating Model Number "Ctr alt s" won't work since you have changed OS_but there should be a label somewhere on the machine.

2- What error message did you get with Intel Chipset? DL the Intel Chipset ID Utity HERE copy to flash drive & run on A6000.

3- Better still, get HWiNFO32 and run it ,should id most hardware HERE

4- Do you have SP2 installed? Most current drivers require SP2.If not get the full dl HERE on another machine and transfer via cd or usb flash drive to the A6000.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation