cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Chevron_girl
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

I never disabled the touch on my screen, and it has suddenly stopped working

HP Recommended

I have tried to resolve the issue by going into Tablet PC Settings and hitting "Setup", which other forums have suggested to do, but the screen still did not respond to my touch. What should I do?

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Chimney_83
Retired
Retired
8,121 8,112 487 951
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Greetings @Chevron_girl

Welcome to HP Forums and Thanks for the post. 

I understand that you are unable to use the touch screen on your computer, is that right?

Kudos to you for trying to troubleshoot the issue on your own.

Have you checked the touchscreen in the recovery manager?

May I know the product/model number of your computer? Click here. (Please do not share the serial number of your computer.)

Recommend you to run HP Support Assistant to make sure all the drivers are updated. Click here

Once all the drivers are updated, please check the touchscreen. If the issue persists, shut down the computer.

Turn the computer On and keep tapping F11 repeatedly on startup. 

This would boot the computer to Recovery manager. 

Please check if the touch screen is responding in recovery manager. 

If it is not responding, please contact our phone support for the service options available. 

If the touchscreen is working in recovery manager, please refer to this HP Article for the troubleshooting steps. 

Please follow the procedure mentioned below to contact our phone support. 

• Open link:  www.hp.com/contacthp/
  • Enter Product number or select to auto detects
  • Scroll down to "Still need help? Complete the form to select your contact options"
  • Scroll down and click on HP contact options - click on Get phone number.

Let me know how it goes. 

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation