12-13-2016 10:07 AM
12-14-2016 07:59 AM
Allow me to welcome you to the HP forums! 🙂 Good day. Hope you are doing well. 🙂 I understand clearly that you have issues with the monitor not showing a display. It will be a genuine pleasure to assist you here. 🙂
Awesome job on diagnosing the issue correctly and performing some very smart research and troubleshooting before posting your question on HP forums. Kudos to you on that score.:)
It is a privilege to work with tech-savvy and technically competent customers like you and we greatly value your business with HP. It is a genuine pleasure to assist you and share this platform with you. 🙂
First off, we need to isolate the issue correctly, to being hardware or software related. 🙂
For better clarity and to assist you better I would require more information regrading this.
When did the monitor stop showing the display.
Did any software or windows 7 update cause this to happen?
Have you checked the computer on a different monitor if one is available to isolate the issue further?
Please perform a hard reset on the computer. Link: http://support.hp.com/za-en/document/c01463028
Then try to fire up the computer and check if it works.
Please perform a hard reset on the monitor also by following these steps.
- Disconnect the monitor’s power cord and the cable from the computer.
- Please press and hold the power button of the computer for about 20 seconds to discharge static electrical charges.
- Reconnect the power cord and check if the monitor goes blank or flickers without connecting it to the computer.
- Is there a light on the power button and the back of the computer’s power supply?
- Do you here the windows logon chimes at startup? If you do the computer is working fine.
- This link should also be useful: http://support.hp.com/us-en/product/Compaq-Presario-CQ5000-Desktop-PC-series/5035292/model/5051496/d...
Then try firing up both the computer and the monitor, if it still does not work, It could either be an issue with the monitor or the computer. You will need to take it to a local technician like Best Buy or Staples to check on a different monitor as HP does not have service options for this unit anymore as it is an older computer and out of warranty by a long time.
Please follow the most appropriate and relevant option that best describes your situation.
Hope this helps. Let me know how this goes. I genuinely hope the issue gets resolved without hassles and the unit works great. Please reach out for any issues and I'll be there to assist you .:)
To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles. 🙂
Take care now and have a splendid week ahead. 🙂
Happy holidays to you and your family:) Take care.:)
I am an HP Employee