Ask questions. Help others.
The HP Community is here for you.
Post new question
Question

Note on archived topics.
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here, or click on "Post new question" above and select the appropriate board.
Top Student
Message 1 of 2 (605 Views)

I want to upgrade my video card in my HPE H8-1020 - It is a Eyefinity Radeon HD6570

I want to upgrade my video card in my  HPE H8-1020 - It is a Eyefinity Radeon HD6570.  I want to upgrade to a professional monitor for photo editing and would like to know what is available?

James A. Gager
0 Kudos
Provost
Message 2 of 2 (592 Views)

Re: I want to upgrade my video card in my HPE H8-1020 - It is a Eyefinity Radeon HD6570

Jimg-evv, welcome to the forum.

What is the make/model of the monitor that you want to buy.  I will provide the information for you, but it would help me to know more about the monitor.

You can upgrade the video card.  However, most mid-level cards require at least 400W to operate properly.  The power supply unit (PSU) in the computer is 300W.  A card that would work for your needs would require a PSU upgrade, as well.

I recommend at least 500W; 600W would be even better because it would allow for future upgrades.  I like OCZ and Corsair PSU's.

You would need a PCI Express x16 video card.  I like XFX, EVGA, Sapphire and PNY in that order.  If you upgrade the PSU, this card should work for you.

-----------------------------------------
Signature:

HP TouchPad - 1.2 GHz; 1 GB memory; 32 GB storage; WebOS/CyanogenMod 11(Kit Kat)

HP Omen X; i7-6700K; 16 GB DDR4 2133; GTX 1070; 256 GB SSD M.2; Win 10 Home

HP Photosmart 7520 AIO

++++++++++++++++++
**Click the Thumbs Up+ to say 'Thanks' and the 'Accept as Solution' if I have solved your problem.**

Intelligence is God given; Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!