Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
bkaj Student
Student
1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

IDT High Definition Audio Codec

Pavillion p6-2375eo
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

After a clean reinstall windows 10 I have no driver device for IDT High Definition Audio Codec

I cannot get one from HP support no available for p6-2375eo

I would like to know how and where I can get a device compatible with windows 10 if possible

everything else works perfect but there is no sound

any ideas please

BK

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES
Provost Provost
Provost
100633 13892 21345
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Hi:

Try the W8.1 driver from your PC's support and driver page...

This package provides the driver for the IDT High Definition Audio solutions in supported models that are running a supported operating system.

File name: sp63932.exe

You can see in the conversation below that this worked for another forum member with the IDT audio on a notebook PC after upgrading to W10 and losing sound.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-PC-Sound-and-Audio/No-sound-after-Windows-10-Upgrade/m-p/52617...

ua_ Honor Student
Honor Student
3 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

I just made a post on the same issue. I cannot install the w8.1 driver as I recieve an error saying that I don't meet OS requirements (I am running WIndows 10 PRO).

0 Kudos
Provost Provost
Provost
100633 13892 21345
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Hi:

See if this W10 IDT driver works...

This package provides the Tempo High Definition Audio Driver for supported desktop models that are running a supported operating system.

File name: sp71717.exe

If not, there is a workaround that you can try to at least get the sound to work...

Go to the device manager and click to expand the Sound, video and game controllers device category.

1. Select IDT High Definition Audio CODEC under that category.

2. Select Driver tab.

3. Click Update Driver... button.

4. Select  -> Browse my computer for driver software.

5. Select -> Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer.

6. Select  High Definition Audio Device (Not  IDT High Def...  this is important.) and click Next.

A warning message may appear,  but click Yes.

7. Windows has successfully update your driver software.

8. Restart the PC.

The key is step 6.

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation