Note on archived topics.
09-21-2015 05:25 AM
After a clean reinstall windows 10 I have no driver device for IDT High Definition Audio Codec
I cannot get one from HP support no available for p6-2375eo
I would like to know how and where I can get a device compatible with windows 10 if possible
everything else works perfect but there is no sound
any ideas please
Solved! Go to Solution.
09-21-2015 06:58 AM
Try the W8.1 driver from your PC's support and driver page...
This package provides the driver for the IDT High Definition Audio solutions in supported models that are running a supported operating system.
File name: sp63932.exe
You can see in the conversation below that this worked for another forum member with the IDT audio on a notebook PC after upgrading to W10 and losing sound.
03-15-2016 04:45 PM
See if this W10 IDT driver works...
This package provides the Tempo High Definition Audio Driver for supported desktop models that are running a supported operating system.
File name: sp71717.exe
If not, there is a workaround that you can try to at least get the sound to work...
Go to the device manager and click to expand the Sound, video and game controllers device category.
1. Select IDT High Definition Audio CODEC under that category.
2. Select Driver tab.
3. Click Update Driver... button.
4. Select -> Browse my computer for driver software.
5. Select -> Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer.
6. Select High Definition Audio Device (Not IDT High Def... this is important.) and click Next.
A warning message may appear, but click Yes.
7. Windows has successfully update your driver software.
8. Restart the PC.
The key is step 6.