cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
FrankNZ
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

IQ505 touchscreen function not working

For about 6 months now, the touchscreen function of my IQ505 has stopped working. It just makes a little beep when I touch the screen but I can't open or close windows or move anything on the screen. I've tried system restore, but that doesn't make any difference.  Please help me, I'm not very good with computers!
0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
PC_Tester
Level 7
1,475 1,465 35 112
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Click on Start, Control Panel, Classic View, Device Manager, Go to HID devices and see if there is a yellow bang ( ! ) next to any devices.

(Windows Vista) If so, right mouse click on that device and select Uninstall. Reboot the system and allow the device to redetect, reinstall the driver.

0 Kudos
laser1505
1 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

my IQ505 touchsmart features will not work.. I hit the touchsmart icon or use mouse and click on icon from start up list and it circles like it is going to change over to touchsmart screen but then it just stops.. I can touch the screen and it beeps.. I can be in a program and just touch the screen to close a program or whatever and that works but can't get to the touchsmart screen.. I have uninstalled and reinstalled touchsmart software as Tech stated and still nothing.. Please can someone help.. that was the whole purpose of paying extra for this model.. Any suggestions please...

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation