Ask questions. Help others.
The HP Community is here for you.
Post new question
Question

Note on archived topics.
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here, or click on "Post new question" above and select the appropriate board.
Student
Message 1 of 2 (4,159 Views)

IQ770 upgrade to Windows 7 64bit Ultimate Edition

Hello Everyone,

I know this is not supported - but I have always been disappointed w/ some of the flaws in the factory installation that came w/ this machine.  I experienced screen flickers and network issues w/ my Media Center Extenders which were connected to my IQ770 since I had this machine.

Finally this weekend I decided to wipe out the factory OS and install Win7 Ultimate 64bit - and all devices were recognized in Device Manager along w/ no more flickers or network issues!!!  Not to mention that I gain access to all 4GB of RAM, which I upgraded several months ago.  So - I'm pretty sure I will be sticking w/ this installation of Win7 64bit, regardless of what I find out here in the forums.

My question(s):

• Anyone know of a version of the TouchSmart application that I can download and install on Win7 x64?  I have attempted to download a version for another TouchSmart PC but it will not install on this OS.
  • Anyone else done this - and have you found alternative drivers which work better, over the Windows drivers that came OOB or via Windows Updates?

Thx ahead of time!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
PhD Student
Message 2 of 2 (4,153 Views)

Re: IQ770 upgrade to Windows 7 64bit Ultimate Edition

Install this first so the system is stable

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/976972

As for TouchSmart applications you would need to find 3rd party ones. This model only supports single touch.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation