Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
MuskieMo Honor Student
Honor Student
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

IVT Bluetooth not allowing me to upgrade to Windows 10

HP ProBook 6440b
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Trying to upgrade to Windows 10 but I keep getting a message saying I can't due to IVT Bluetooth devices not being compatible. The devices listed are:

IVT Bluetooth PAN Bus driver

IVT Bluetooth HID Bus driver

IVT Bluetooth COM Bus driver

IVT Bluetooth Audio Bus driver

Everything I can find on the internet sounds like there are new drivers available.

There doesn't seem to be a way to get past this message.

Help anyone please.

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Provost Provost
Provost
15439 15384 1437 3418
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

MuskieMo

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but the problem you're up against is that Microsoft only supplies drivers with the most basic functionality, and what you really need for FULL functionality is the specialized drivers written for the specific hardware found in your HP PC -- and unfortunately, there are no HP Win10 drivers for your PC. HP only guarantees Win10 compatibility for machines made after August, 2013. HP does not have any schedule indicating when, or IF, they will be producing drivers for the older machines.

This means that your PC is most likely NEVER going to be fully functional under Win10 because the drivers it needs for full functionality simply do not exist!

If you are DETERMINED to upgrade to Win10, even if it leaves you with an unusable PC, then at least take these precautions so that you have a backup image to use to restore your PC to working condition:

Macrium Reflect (MR) provides a FREE version that can be used to image and restore partitions or entire drives: http://www.macrium.com/reflectfree.aspx

What I recommend is the following:
1) Download and install Macrium Reflect (MR)
2) Run MR and choose the option: "Create an image of the partition(s) required to backup and restore Windows" to write a full backup to an external drive or USB stick
3) Use the option to create a boot USB stick or CD

My experience is that MR, when using the High Compression option, typically can compress the saved image file to about 50% of the USED space in the OS partition.  This means if you have an 80GB OS partition, and 40GB is used, MR only needs about 20GB to store the image file.

NOW, you have the means to restore a full working system from the external drive or USB stick in only a few minutes.

Once you have the backup done, then use this link to create bootable Win10 media: Installing Windows 10 using the media creation tool - Windows Help

When you have that media, insert it into your PC, while still running Windows (do NOT boot from it!) and run the Upgrade from there.  That should bypass the current upgrade tool problems.

Good Luck

***If my post helped, click the White thumbs-up symbol to say thanks***

***Please mark Accept As Solution if my post solved your problem***

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
0 Kudos
MuskieMo Honor Student
Honor Student
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks for the help, not sure I want to try that at this time. May just stay with Win 7 or go to Linux.

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation