cancel

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
IrvM Top Student
Top Student
3 1 0 1
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Icon Size

How do I increase the size of the "Account Picture" on the startup page?

2 REPLIES 2
Provost Provost
Provost
77,345 76,757 9,425 20,383
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Icon Size

Hi

Yes, you can do this. This procedure is actually a font size change for the logon screen, but it also changes the size of the logon profile icons.

1. Click the Start button and type regedit in the Search box. In the ResultsRight Click regedit and select the Run as Administrator option.

Navigate to the following key:

HKEY_CURRENT_CONFIG\Software\Fonts

2. Backup the value you will be changing. 

Right click the Fonts key in the left pane, select Export. In the Save As dialog, select the Desktop as the save in location. In the File Name box type  LogonBackup. Click the Save button.

If anything goes wrong, you can go to the Desktop, right click the LogonBackup.reg file and select Merge to restore the registry value.

3. In the right side paneDouble Click the LogPixels value. In the Edit dialog box, change the  2 digit value using the following guide.

60 -(100% Font Size) -Default size

78 -(125% Font Size)

90 -(150% Font Size)

4. Exit the Registry editor and  restart the computer to test the results.

Regards,

Source: Microsoft answer

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
Highlighted
Hopmusch Student
Student
1 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Icon Size

Thanks, the icon size was very irritating.

I suppose you can do almost anything if you're acquainted with the registry functions and know where to look.

Even a digit value of 100 is still small, but I see you can beyond, though this messes up the welcome screen if you go too far.

Very helpful, so now I can start the day with a smile!

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation