cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
EmilianoRV8
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Increase dedicated video memory on an Intel (R ) HD Graphics.

Compaq 18-4021la
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I want to know how to increase dedicated video memory on an Intel (R ) HD Graphics.

I have a Compaq 18-4021la In the box it says that I can increase the memory up to 512 MB of ​​VRAM, but i dont know how do it.

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Level 19
Level 19
79,974 79,869 9,904 21,370
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@EmilianoRV8 wrote:

.....  In the box it says that I can increase the memory up to 512 MB of ​​VRAM, but i dont know how do it.

Hi,

Are you sure ? You don't have to do anything. System will work this out for you and it will use available system RAM (memory) to assign/allocate for  Intel (R ) HD Graphics up to max limit.

Your machine specs says: Discrete graphics not supported in this system

Source:  http://support.hp.com/us-en/product/Compaq-18-All-in-One-Desktop-PC-series/6528368/model/6529361/doc...

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
0 Kudos
EmilianoRV8
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Already had read this but what means "Discrete graphics"?
0 Kudos
Level 19
Level 19
79,974 79,869 9,904 21,370
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

"A separate graphics subsystem in a computer. Discrete graphics may refer to a stand-alone display adapter plugged into a motherboard slot or a separate GPU chip on the motherboard. "

More info : http://www.pcmag.com/encyclopedia/term/45075/integrated-graphics

Your machine ONLY has integrated graphics

Hope this helps.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation