Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
nsrodent Top Student
Top Student
5 3 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Installing 2.5 inch hard drive

Pavilion 500-459
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I need to install a second hard drive in my Pavilion 500-459. Of course there is only one 3 /12 inch drive bay. However there does seem to be another drive bay above the 3 1/2 inch which would take a 2 1/2 inch drive. There's a spare SATA power cable there and I have a small sata data cable.

Can anyone point me to the instructions fo doing this? Came up blank searching the net.

Thanks...

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
DosM Honor Student
Honor Student
2 2 0 0
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

You might find it easier to get a 3.5 inch  to 2.5 mounting bracket , as it sounds like power cable is going to reach the 3.5 inch bay. Then you will need to source the sata connector on the motherboard. I can't say I have seen the insides of your machine to show you exactly where it will be. Good luck with the upgrade.

0 Kudos
Tags (1)
nsrodent Top Student
Top Student
5 3 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks for your reply but there is no room whatsoever in the hard drive cage. Wish I could attach a picture of the cage so you could see exactly what I mean.

0 Kudos
DosM Honor Student
Honor Student
2 2 0 0
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

A google search returns a pc case that looks like this. http://www.staples-3p.com/s7/is/image/Staples/m003601198_sc7?$splssku$

Are you removing the face plate of the case ? , a lot of HP desktops can have the face plate removed. Which should allow access to the hard drive bays 

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation