cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Happy_Highlande Top Student
Top Student
9 7 0 0
Message 1 of 14
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Intermittent BEEP code and blank screen?

Having problems with my t3725.uk running windows Vista.

I was getting one short beep then one long beep, which indicates a RAM problem plus the screen remained blank. I done all the checks by removing, replacing, cleaning and swapping over the 2 RAM modules, but still the same problem. Then I got no beeps at all, but still the blank screen? It seems to go back and forward, either no beeps or one short and one long, but always a blank screen?

I have checked the monitor with another PC and it's okay. I have had the power supply checked and it is also fine. I have moved the CMOS jumper across and back again. I have checked all the connectors and they're all fine. This PC has onboard graphics, so I have fitted another graphics card, but the screen still remains blank.

So basically it goes between having no beeps, to one short and one long, but always a blank screen.

Is there anything else I can try, I am pulling my hair out, lol?

0 Kudos
13 REPLIES 13
Provost Provost
Provost
24,676 21,071 2,412 8,009
Message 2 of 14
Flag Post
HP Recommended

H_H, welcome to the forum.

You have done a very thorough job of diagnostics.  The one thing that I am not certain about is, did you make certain that the memory hasn't failed.  Have you tried each memory stick one at a time?  This will not allow for dual channel architecture, but it should boot if it is good.

-----------------------------------------
Signature:

HP TouchPad - 1.2 GHz; 1 GB memory; 32 GB storage; WebOS/CyanogenMod 11(Kit Kat)

Custom build: Corsair 750D Airflow (Full Tower); MSI MEG z390 ACE; i9-9900K processor (OC'd 5.025); Corsair H150i cooler; 32 GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 3200 memory; MSI RTX 2080 Gaming X Trio video card; Samsung 970 Pro 512 GB; Samsung 860 EVO 1 TB

HP Spectre 360 Convertible; i7-7560U; 16 GB memory; Intel® Iris™ Plus Graphics 640; 512 GB PCIe® NVMe™ M.2 SSD; 13.3" diagonal 4K UHD UWVA eDP BrightView WLED-backlit multitouch-enabled edge-to-edge glass (3840 x 2160); Windows 10 Pro 64 with Windows Ink

HP Photosmart 7520 AIO

++++++++++++++++++
**Click the Thumbs Up+ to say 'Thanks' and the 'Accept as Solution' if I have solved your problem.**

Intelligence is God given; Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!

9 7 0 0
Message 3 of 14
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi.

Yes, sorry should have made that a bit clearer at the start, as that's why it's so frustrating, lol.

I took out the first module, still the same thing. Put it back and removed the second strip, still the same. I took both out and swapped them over, still the same. Took them out and replaced one at a time, still the same. A couple of times upon restart, there were no beeps at all, but still the same blank screen? So sometimes the same strip in the same place can cause either the short and long beep or no beeps at all, but always a blank screen?

Hope that explains it a bit better, lol.

Cheers.

0 Kudos
Provost Provost
Provost
Message 4 of 14
Flag Post
HP Recommended

When you are installing a single stick of memory, is it in the 1st slot (one closest to the processor)?  This can make a difference.

Signature:

HP TouchPad - 1.2 GHz; 1 GB memory; 32 GB storage; WebOS/CyanogenMod 11(Kit Kat)

Custom build: Corsair 750D Airflow (Full Tower); MSI MEG z390 ACE; i9-9900K processor (OC'd 5.025); Corsair H150i cooler; 32 GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 3200 memory; MSI RTX 2080 Gaming X Trio video card; Samsung 970 Pro 512 GB; Samsung 860 EVO 1 TB

HP Spectre 360 Convertible; i7-7560U; 16 GB memory; Intel® Iris™ Plus Graphics 640; 512 GB PCIe® NVMe™ M.2 SSD; 13.3" diagonal 4K UHD UWVA eDP BrightView WLED-backlit multitouch-enabled edge-to-edge glass (3840 x 2160); Windows 10 Pro 64 with Windows Ink

HP Photosmart 7520 AIO

++++++++++++++++++
**Click the Thumbs Up+ to say 'Thanks' and the 'Accept as Solution' if I have solved your problem.**

9 7 0 0
Message 5 of 14
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi there.

Yes. I have tried both sticks in both locations, but the single stick that is installed just now is in the slot nearest the CPU.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Provost Provost
Provost
Message 6 of 14
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I know that you tested the PSU, but this is sounding more like a failed/ing PSU all of the time.  If it is not putting out full power, it could be causing the problem.  Here is a guide to help you troubleshoot it.  When it gets to this point every component is a suspect. Smiley Wink

Signature:

HP Photosmart 7520 AIO

++++++++++++++++++

9 7 0 0
Message 7 of 14
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi.

I had found a similar link to that one, so have already tried all the things that were relevant? I always press the start button on the front  for around 20 seconds every time I disconnect the power lead from the back etc. I do have another PSU, so if it could be the problem, then I could swap them over tomorrow?

Thanks again.

0 Kudos
Provost Provost
Provost
Message 8 of 14
Flag Post
HP Recommended

You are  very welcome.

I would appreciate it if you would post the outcome with the other PSU.

Signature:

HP Photosmart 7520 AIO

++++++++++++++++++

Top Student
9 7 0 0
Message 9 of 14
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi.

Just tried the other PSU, but still has the same issues? Have you any other suggestions that I could try?

I'm going to get some memory modules tomorrow from a friend that will fit it and try them just as a last resort? It is still beeping with one short and one long, which is supposed to be RAM related and still has the blank screen too!!

Cheers.

0 Kudos
Happy_Highlande Top Student
Top Student
9 7 0 0
Message 10 of 14
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi.

Got the memory, tried it, but still the same beeps and blank screen!! Don't know what else to try now?

Any other ideas greatly appreciated?

Cheers.

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation