Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
touchsmart 610

windows 10 update........Now screen flashes intermittently every few seconds.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi ljshyman,

Got mine to work - try the below:

1. Go to task mgr (Ctr+Alt+Del)

then follow the below that was posted by Nualama in another forum:

"Run new task" ... type msconfig (yes it is hard to type as screen blinks, but it can be done) ... In the new box that opens (it may be behind the task manager box) go to Service Tab .... Scroll until you find 2 tasks that need to be stopped ... (1) Problem Reports and Solution Control Panel Support .... (2) Windows Error Report Service.... Disable these by unchecking .... Click Apply ... Click OK ... If you are prompted to restart, then restart computer

Hope this works for you too.

Suresh

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Hello @ljshyman,

Welcome to the HP Forums, I hope you enjoy your experience! To help you get the most out of the HP Forums I would like to direct your attention to the HP Forums Guide First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More.

I have read your post on how the display screen of your desktop computer flashes on and off after upgrading to Windows 10. I would be happy to help you, but first I would encourage you to post your product number for your computer. Below is a is an HP Support document that will demonstrate how to find your computer's product number. 

How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number?

Please re-post with the necessary information, this way I will be able to research this further for you. I look forward to your reply!

Cheers! Smiley Happy

MechPilot
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

Thanks for your message

HP touch smart 610-1030uk

tried various options no joy.

screen still flickers on and off plus resolution resets to lower on login.

HP Recommended

Hi,

I have the same exact issue, did my update y'day - believe it's a video driver issue, but with the screen flashing I can't even make any changes or navigate to settings - I have a 1180qd

Appreciate the help.

Suresh

HP Recommended

Hi ljshyman,

Got mine to work - try the below:

1. Go to task mgr (Ctr+Alt+Del)

then follow the below that was posted by Nualama in another forum:

"Run new task" ... type msconfig (yes it is hard to type as screen blinks, but it can be done) ... In the new box that opens (it may be behind the task manager box) go to Service Tab .... Scroll until you find 2 tasks that need to be stopped ... (1) Problem Reports and Solution Control Panel Support .... (2) Windows Error Report Service.... Disable these by unchecking .... Click Apply ... Click OK ... If you are prompted to restart, then restart computer

Hope this works for you too.

Suresh

HP Recommended

Thanks for that. Had tried another solution from Microsoft forum...that also worked. Something to do with iCloud.similar solution.

HP Recommended

This worked for a little while and now it is back to flashing.

The big thing is that now it doesn't do it all the time, but about half way through the day it starts and I have to shut the whole system down and let it set for 5 to 10 minutes and then start it again.

Anyone that can help would be great.  This is a brand new system (Envy - 24-N010xt) and I did not have this issue with the other HP system that had Windows 10 in it.

HP Recommended

Did you find a solution?  Like you, every time I go into fix the settings, my screen blinks on and off so many times that I can't do anything.

HP Recommended

Since an update was installed on our work HP all in one, the screen keeps flashing on and off once through the sign in stage, I have done what someone suggested to do on here, but this didn't work, what else can be done?

Thanks

@MechPilot wrote:

Hello @ljshyman,

Welcome to the HP Forums, I hope you enjoy your experience! To help you get the most out of the HP Forums I would like to direct your attention to the HP Forums Guide First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More.

I have read your post on how the display screen of your desktop computer flashes on and off after upgrading to Windows 10. I would be happy to help you, but first I would encourage you to post your product number for your computer. Below is a is an HP Support document that will demonstrate how to find your computer's product number. 

How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number?

Please re-post with the necessary information, this way I will be able to research this further for you. I look forward to your reply!

Cheers! Smiley Happy

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.