Ask questions. Help others.
The HP Community is here for you.
Post new question
Question

Note on archived topics.
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here, or click on "Post new question" above and select the appropriate board.
Honor Student
Message 1 of 3 (1,419 Views)

Internal Hp Digital TV tuner for HP DV4-2160

[ Edited ]

I just bought an Hp DV4-2160, which doesn't come with the internal Digital TV tuner installed, and I want to add this feature to my new laptop, I been doing some research and haven't found the internal TV tuner to purchase and install it myself, do anyone knows where can I get the internal digital TV tuner for my computer?,

Thanks

Dean
Message 2 of 3 (1,410 Views)

Re: Internal Hp Digital TV tuner for HP DV4-2160

Adding an internal anything is not usual with a laptop. Unless you known absolutely that an internal device is available, forget it.   There are very nice USB tuners available that will do an excellent job, however.

See here: http://www.hauppauge.com/site/products/prods_hvr_external.html

The HVR-850 or the HVR-950 from Hauppauge, for instance.  Depending on what the expectations are or the source (Digital or Analog) will change which you choose.  Of course there are other brands available. 

{---------- Please click the "Thumbs Up" to say thanks for helping.
Please click "Accept As Solution" if my help has solved your problem. ----------}

This is a user supported forum. I am a volunteer and I do not work for HP.
Student
Message 3 of 3 (1,272 Views)

Re: Internal Hp Digital TV tuner for HP DV4-2160

This response was not really a good help. does one exist and where can one get one?
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation