Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Ludi_Cross1 Honor Student
Honor Student
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Internal microphone has disappeared after installing Windows 10

HP Desktop
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have tried the fixes suggested in the posts for finding the internal microphone but when I right-click in Sounds - Recording and click on  Show disabled devices or Show disconnected devices, nothing shows up. All I can find under Recording is a line-in option, no mic anywhere and no other options. No one can hear me on Skype now. Any suggestions please? Thank you.

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
16217 16197 1159 1717
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hey there Ludi_Cross1,

Thank you for visiting the HP Forums! A great place where you can find solutions for your issues with help from the community!

I understand that Internal microphone is not working on your desktop after installing Windows 10.

I found a solution from one of our HP experts (Daniel Potyrala), please refer the link below for more information.

Link: http://hp.care/2cCfQNs

Let me know if this helps,

Have a great day!

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Ludi_Cross1 Honor Student
Honor Student
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi Mr Robot,
Thank you for your message. I obviously didn't write mine clearly enough - what I was trying to say is that when I right click In Sounds - Recording - to show the 'disabled devices', absolutely NONE appear, it only remains with a line in device.
I have tried your solution already and it doesn't work in my case.

Any other suggestions would be gratefully received. Thank you.
0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
16217 16197 1159 1717
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Ludi_Cross1 thanks for the reply,

Thanks for performing troubleshooting. I understand that microphone is still not functional.

Please try few steps recommended below.

A) Press Window and X keys together, click on ‘device manager’

B) Expand ‘Sound Video and Game Controllers” and right-click on ‘High Definition Audio Device and select ‘uninstall’.
C) Restart the computer and check the issue status

If the above steps do not work try the steps mentioned below.

Go to Control Panel->‘sound’-> ‘recording’ tab -> select 'Realtek High Definition Audio microphone' and click on ‘properties’ ->on the ‘microphone’ pane select the ‘enhancements’ tab -> click the check box ‘disable all sound effects’ then click ‘OK’

Let me know if this works,

Have a great day!

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation