Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
clbryze Honor Student
Honor Student
2 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Internal microphone

TouchSmart: KZ631AA-ABA IQ505
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I am having problems with my inernal microphone. I never used it before and I had this computer for years. I just realized that it is not working.

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES
Provost Provost
Provost
72608 8812 18928
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Internal microphone

Hi,

You upgraded it few times actually. Please try to enable Microphone in Recording devices as follows:

1. Right click speaker icon (right hand corner)
2. Select Microphone devices
3. Right click Microphone
4. Enable it
5. Click Apply/Ok

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
0 Kudos
clbryze Honor Student
Honor Student
2 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Internal microphone

Thanks for the post. I tried that. However, the microphone is alread enabled.  I did clicked on properties and notice that under jack information, it stated "top panel digital jack" and not "top panel internal connector" like my other computer. Do this mean that my computer do not have an internal microphone and the only way to use this feature is to buy and microphone to connect to it?

0 Kudos
Provost Provost
Provost
72608 8812 18928
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Internal microphone

Hi,

Your machine does HAVE internal stereo microphone. As mentioned indirectly on my previous replay, this is an old machine therefore very hard to tell anything missing after few upgrades from Vista to Windows 10. Driver may help unfortumately not available. Please try the following fix:

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Video-Display-and-Touch/Windows-10-8-8-1-SoundMax-Microphone-Fi...

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation