Ask questions. Help others.
The HP Community is here for you.
Post new question
Question

Note on archived topics.
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here, or click on "Post new question" above and select the appropriate board.
Tutor
Message 1 of 4 (267 Views)

Internet Explorer has stopped working

Pavillion P7-1400t   Windows 8

Had this PC for a few days.  Have never been able to get Internet Explorer to open.  Keep getting "Internet Explorer has stopped working."

Did a search here and Google search and found little.  Found reference to a Microsoft "Fix-it" tool.  Ran it but no help.  Found enable/disable Explorer 10.  No help.  Found a reference to installing IE 9.  Keep getting message it is an old version.  Installed Chrome.  Works perfectly but I don't like it.  How do I get IE to work?

0 Kudos
Tutor
Message 2 of 4 (258 Views)

Re: Internet Explorer has stopped working

Update - went to eventvwr and found the error.  Always the same one - urlmon.dll.  v 10.0.9200.16453

Best I can tell, this  is the latest version.

Could this file be my problem?

How do I replace it?

Student
Message 3 of 4 (206 Views)

i accedentally unistall Enternet explorer on my ENVY m6 laptop and im having trouble to reinstall it. ever since then the Internet Explorer said it stop working.

Regents Professor
Message 4 of 4 (191 Views)

[ Edited ]

You mentioned Internet Explorer was uninstalled, but mentioned that you are getting the message that Internet Explorer has stopped working.  Was Internet Explorer reinstalled?

How long has this been an issue?  If it is a recent issue (past 2-3 weeks) then a system restore to an earlier date before the problem may help.

Signature
↙-----------How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved? ----------------↓
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation