Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Cirkelo Honor Student
Honor Student
2 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Intrusive pop up from HP invading my computer

Pavillion
Microsoft Windows 8 (64-bit)

The past 5 days some malware like, very intrusive pop up has been pestering my work on my computer. It pops up every GD hour with some offer with Care Pack. I must have said no about 500 times now. 

How do I get rid of this piece of intrusive malware, that is messing with me? I am just about to delete every piece of HP software on my system to rid it from this HP disease!

A highly bad customer experience of predatory sales tactics. Please release my system from your grib!

2 REPLIES
Dean
Dean
11043 572 1592
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Go into "Settings" ("Control Panel"), and click "Uninstall a program".

Scroll through the list of installed programs, to see if there is one from HP that is listed as "Care Pack".

If so, click to uninstall it.

Or, while in "Settings", look at "Task Scheduler". 

There may be a "scheduled-task" that is configured to run once per hour.

Remove that item.

Cirkelo Honor Student
Honor Student
2 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I got some other HP programs, support assistent, support information, but none about care pack. I have no idea if I can just delete all HP related programs, or if that will mess up something?

Should it really be this hard to say no thank you an upgrade from HP? It is extremely intrusive marketing!

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation