Ask questions. Help others.
The HP Community is here for you.
Post new question
Question

Note on archived topics.
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here, or click on "Post new question" above and select the appropriate board.
Honor Student
Message 1 of 6 (7,211 Views)
Accepted Solution

Is it possible to connect a PS3 console to my HP Pavilion 23-F204A?

[ Edited ]

Hi there, I have an HP Pavilion 23-F204A Touch Smart, All in one PC. It has Windows 8 http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03793875

I have just bought a Sony PS3 gaming console and I was wondering if anyone would be able to tell me if I am able to connect the PS3 to my PC please.  

If it is possible what would I need to purchase in order to hook them up?   I am not a very computer savy person so your patience and help is very much appreciated.  

Thanks very much

Mummyjaz

0 Kudos
Accepted Solution

Re: Is it possible to connect a PS3 console to my HP Pavilion 23-F204A?

Hello Mummyjaz,

Your TouchSmart does not have an HDMI input, therefore it is not an available option to use your TouchSmart display as a monitor for your PS3. A USB to HDMI could exist, if one did exist it would properly does not have the necessary bandwidth to produce a smooth crisp picture. As far as I know HP does not manufacture such a device.

Regards.

View solution in context
Provost
Message 2 of 6 (7,199 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hi,

Hope a similar setup on the following helps:

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03367952

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
Honor Student
Message 3 of 6 (7,174 Views)

Thanks but I dont have  an HDMI output. I appreciate you taking the time to respond though.

All the best

Mummyjaz

Honor Student
Message 4 of 6 (7,173 Views)

There is no HDMI outlet on the PC but would a HDMI to USB adapter possibly work in this situation?

Thanks

Retired
Message 5 of 6 (7,132 Views)

Hello Mummyjaz,

Your TouchSmart does not have an HDMI input, therefore it is not an available option to use your TouchSmart display as a monitor for your PS3. A USB to HDMI could exist, if one did exist it would properly does not have the necessary bandwidth to produce a smooth crisp picture. As far as I know HP does not manufacture such a device.

Regards.

I worked on behalf of HP
Honor Student
Message 6 of 6 (7,127 Views)

Thanks for your help Lil_Lisa27, I appreciate it.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation