cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

Is it possible to install a GTX1060

HP Recommended
Prodesk 490 g3
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

Before I buy this workstation, I am curious of the power supply of this PC has a 6-pin connector for a graphics card (as example the GTX1060), and is there an amount of space for a graphics card?

Best regards,

Anne

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Level 17
Level 17
47,443 41,690 4,561 12,042
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

That is a microtower PC.

A GTX1060 won't fit in the case. The card is way too large.   I am not certain the card will fit.

If you are looking to upgrade to a gaming card, I suggest that you look art the full sized Pavilion PCs with UEFI BIOS.

I am not an HP Employee.
Don't forget to click on Accept as Solution if my post or reply helped you resolve your issue.
You can say thanks by giving me a Kudo if my reply helped. To give a Kudo just click on the

For laptops, use the Fn+Esc keystroke while logged into Windows
Highlighted
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Hello and thank you for the reply.

That's strange because the Pavilion 560-P043ND has a GTX1060 but the case of the Pavilion is even big as the Prodesk.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 17
Level 17
47,443 41,690 4,561 12,042
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I stand corrected. I have corrected my previous post.

HP published a document that stated it was a micro desktop PC. See the title of the document in the link below.

http://www8.hp.com/emea_middle_east/en/products/desktops/product-detail.html?oid=9260537#!tab=specs

It does have a PCIe - x16 v3.0 expansion slot.  

The dimensions of the PC case are quite small, however, at 6.49" X 14" X 13.9".  

The dimensions of a GTX1060 card are 9.92" x 4.4" x 1.52"  and It is a double-slot card.  It might fit. 

The chipset passive cooler might be in the way of the installation of the card in the second slot.

The original PSU is 300W. That is not enough current supplying capacity for the GTX1060 card. It requires a 500W PSU.

There is no six-pin PCIe power connector on the original  PSU. 

I am not an HP Employee.
Don't forget to click on Accept as Solution if my post or reply helped you resolve your issue.
You can say thanks by giving me a Kudo if my reply helped. To give a Kudo just click on the

For laptops, use the Fn+Esc keystroke while logged into Windows
0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation