Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion 27c curved display
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Just received my shiny new HP 27" monitor. Said monitor was to hook-up with my HP 110 desktop computer.

Now, here's the problem. The audio cable HDMI does not fit any port in the HP 110 computer. Of course, there's an adaptor but that's not mentioned in any material  HP sent with my new HP monitor. So I call in for customer support and after trying to get answers from two different persons and being transferred a third time I hang up! I then go online and get the answer.

The answer is that there's an adaptor! It would make sense for HP to send the adaptor along with the order, or at least have this (problem?) explained on the HP ordering page.

This "should have been" easy process wasn't. Customer support wasn't good...well, not at all. Seems to me that this problem that's enountered by many (online I found many like me that had experienced the same problem), could and should be a no brainer fix at the source...that's at HP!!!

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

The HP Pavilion 110-000 series can have a number of different configurations (options).

http://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-110-000-desktop-pc-series/5359000/product-info

The "built-in" graphics ports (integrated Intel HD Graphics) for this series are DVI-D and VGA.

Most of the newest monitors (24" and larger) support HDMI, for "cross support" to multi-media and CATV boxes.  The majority of these mfg. supply only 1 connection or NO cables.

----

Connecting cables and Adapters are "dirt cheap" and readily available (Amazon, Alibaba, eBay).

gb

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.