Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Pavilion P6-2212d
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)
I need a bios update for this so i can install my new graphics card. It is nowhere to be found. I have tried the "Let hp automarically find your pc" thing and it did not give any bios updates. I cant use my graphics card if i dont have the update. If possible maybe you can make one?
13 REPLIES 13
HP Recommended

Hi there @5552,

Welcome to the HP Support Forums! It is a great place to find the help you need, from other users, HP experts and other support personnel. I understand that you are looking for an updated BIOS for Windows 7, for your computer. I am happy to help with this.

Checking the support page there is not a BIOS listed at all, for Windows 7, just some options for Windows 8. What you can do is try using the HP Support Assistant. It can look for any available updated drivers for the hardware and operating system in your system, and may find something not on the web page.

HP PCs - Using HP Support Assistant (Windows 10, 8, 7)
HP PCs - Troubleshooting HP Support Assistant (Windows 7)

Please let me know how that works for you, and if it does resolve your issue, please mark this post as a solution. Kudos would also be appreciated.  

Malygris1
I work on behalf of HP
Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click Kudos Thumbs Up on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

Ok. I will try doing this first. I'll reply after i have done this.

HP Recommended

Unfortunately this did not work for me. After installing the new graphics card my pc is still getting stuck on the HP logo when booting up. Are there no bios updates for this motherboard? 

HP Recommended

If nothing was found using either of those two methods then there is not a newer HP Bios available.

What is the model of the graphics card you are putting in?

Looking through the following two documents:

HP Pavilion p6-2212d Desktop PC Product Specifications

HP and Compaq Desktop PCs - Motherboard Specifications, H-Joshua-H61-uATX (Joshua), you need to consider these factors that can affect card functionality:

Power Supply 300W, also whether the graphics card needs supplementary power connections.

• One PCI Express x16 (Gen2.0)
  • Three PCI Express x1 (Gen2.0)
  • One PCI Express x1 Mini Card
The PCIe slot is Gen 2.0 which is going to slow down the performance on a Gen 3.0 card, if that applies.
Malygris1
I work on behalf of HP
Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
HP Recommended

Yes I have read all the requirements for the graphics card this is a gt 730 1gb which runs on a 300 W minimum psu and is a pci 2.0 card. 

HP Recommended

Is the BIOS update you are looking for, something mentioned for the card or a message when you try to install the driver?

Malygris1
I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

No, it is not mentioned whatsoever. If the bios is not the problem however i dont know how will i install this new card.
I have seen others with the same problem as mine and the solution they found was updating their bios.

HP Recommended

I am having the same issue with the same hardware.

Could we please have a bios update?

HP Recommended

is there an update on this thread?I'm also having the same issue, I got this GT730 2gb ddr3 GPU, same motherboard as the one you're referring to...

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.