cancel

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
JeremyJLloyd Top Student
Top Student
6 3 0 1
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Keyboard issue top number keys don't work

Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

I seem to have contracted some kind of issue with my keyboard within the last few hours. I don't know what caused it, I was away watching tv, and I came back, and my top number keys don't work at all for some unknown reason. They worked just fine before, but now when I try using any of them nothing happens... Except when I hit the 'one' key. The word 'profile' will pop up down in the bottom right corner of the screen. I don't know what this means, or how it happened, but it's annoying to say the least lol.

Also, forgive me if this isn't the place to post this, I don't exactly have to use forums very often. Regardless, thank you for the assistance in advance.

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Retired
Retired
7771 6909 449 841
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Keyboard issue top number keys don't work

Hi there @JeremyJLloyd,

Welcome back to the HP Support Forums!  I understand that you are having an issue with sudden erratic behavior from your keyboard. I am happy to help with this.

Please post the full product number for your computer. See the following, if you need help with that information. HP Desktop PCs - How Do I Find My Model Number, Serial Number or Product Number?

Since it seems like a sudden change, there are a few things you can start with. You should try these two documents first: HP PCs - Resolving slow system performance (Windows 😎HP PCs - Slow Internet Troubleshooting (Windows 10, 😎. If that does not help, then you may want to try  HP PCs - Using Microsoft System Restore (Windows 10, 😎 and use a restore point from before the keyboard issue first appeared.

Please let me know whether that works for you, and if it does resolve your issue, please mark this post as a solution. Kudos would also be appreciated.  

Malygris1
I work on behalf of HP
Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click Kudos Thumbs Up on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!
0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation