Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

@weeman,

Did you try removing the Omen Control,, and installing the version listed in the discussion?

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp76501-77000/sp76864.exe

This system is feedback driven thru Solution and Kudo flags. It's the only means of knowing if you have been served. Please click Accept as Solution, if your problem is solved. To say THANK YOU, press the "thumbs up symbol" to render a KUDO. You can render both Solution and KUDO..

HP Envy 8 5010 Tablet
(2) HP DV7t i7 3160QM 2.3Ghz 8GB
Printer -- HP OfficeJet Pro 8620 Legal
Custom Asus Z97D, I7-4790k, 16GB RAM, WIN10 Pro 64bit, ZOTAC GTX1080 AMP Extreme 3 fan 8GB RAM, 500GB SSD, Asus PB287 4k monitor, Rosewill Blackhawk case and 750W OCZ PSU.
HP Recommended

Several times, each same result, no save provision. Reason as to why is beyond me. Can you please say, if you can save your colour sequence with software available. weeman.

HP Recommended

@weeman,

Personally I do not have an HP 870 series to play with and test your problem.

@erico@CherylG   do you have any thoughts?

This system is feedback driven thru Solution and Kudo flags. It's the only means of knowing if you have been served. Please click Accept as Solution, if your problem is solved. To say THANK YOU, press the "thumbs up symbol" to render a KUDO. You can render both Solution and KUDO..

HP Envy 8 5010 Tablet
(2) HP DV7t i7 3160QM 2.3Ghz 8GB
Printer -- HP OfficeJet Pro 8620 Legal
Custom Asus Z97D, I7-4790k, 16GB RAM, WIN10 Pro 64bit, ZOTAC GTX1080 AMP Extreme 3 fan 8GB RAM, 500GB SSD, Asus PB287 4k monitor, Rosewill Blackhawk case and 750W OCZ PSU.
HP Recommended

Sorry, I don't have an Omen to test with either. If the software posted in the other thread which worked for him does not work on this machine I am at a loss.

@weeman Have you contacted HP Tech Support about the issue? They may have access to another version that we have not found. Or-this could even be a hardware issue.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/contact-hp/product/OMEN-by-HP-870-200/13687063

**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue**
***Click the "YES" button if you think this response was helpful.***

HP Recommended

It's not a hardware problem, I experience the same behaviour. We wrote about it in another thread already:

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/LCD-lighting-OMEN-870-230na/td-...

And was supposed to get back to us with an update.

Please fix.

HP Recommended

@weemanand @krzemien

I notice no mention of either of you having performed a factory image recovery to try to resolve the LED Control issue. The problem could reside in the installed operating system, considering that you are the only owners, of many, that are reporting this issue.  Two reports does not constitute a major issue. It does mean that there is an issue with your OS or the motherboard.

If you do  perfom a factory image recovery and the HP Omen Lighting Control still does not work properly, then it is warranty repair time.

Are your Omen 870-200 series desktop PCs still within the warranty period?

Check your warranty status Here.

If that is so, then contact HP directly for warranty service. That is the only resolution that I see as a possibility at this point.  My recommendation is based on your stated results and others, including HP Paid Agents, attempts to help you resolve the issue.  As far as we are aware, no HP Expert has an HP Omen 870-200 series desktop PC model to try to duplicate the reported issue on. That puts us at a point where we can only recommend that you seek warranty repair service, if you wish to go that route. 

@weeman

Please do not start another thread on this subject.

As you may have noticed, I have merged the second thread with the original.

Creating another thread on the very same subject could be considered spamming.  You have already done that once. It is in violation of the rules of participation that you agreed to when you joined the forum.

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

Apologies but what you write is out-of-the-support-template bonkers I'm afraid. Since when such a simple but anoying bug requires restoring PC to its start point and going through painful process of resinstalling all software / settings? This is very bad and equally lazy advice you're giving.

FYI: My PC has been restored four times since it's been purchased - as there's been an ongoing issue that required doing so. After this was not enough, PC was returned to HP and subsequently fixed, with motherboard and graphics card both swapped.

Yet miracously this 'feature' remains: although Desktop Control software works and changes the light / colour scheme - but only until the next reboot, when this scheme is forgotten and settings revert to default.

I trust this will enable you to check / follow-up on this issue further and actually replicate it on one of the machines.

HP Recommended

@krzemien wrote:

Apologies but what you write is out-of-the-support-template bonkers I'm afraid. Since when such a simple but anoying bug requires restoring PC to its start point and going through painful process of resinstalling all software / settings? This is very bad and equally lazy advice you're giving.

FYI: My PC has been restored four times since it's been purchased - as there's been an ongoing issue that required doing so. After this was not enough, PC was returned to HP and subsequently fixed, with motherboard and graphics card both swapped.

Yet miracously this 'feature' remains: although Desktop Control software works and changes the light / colour scheme - but only until the next reboot, when this scheme is forgotten and settings revert to default.

I trust this will enable you to check / follow-up on this issue further and actually replicate it on one of the machines.

You are inviolation of the rules of participation that you agreed to when you joined the forum.

I won't sink to your level of insults nor will I waste any more of my life on any issue that you have.

Have a nice life!

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

Since when exposing somebody's bad (in one's opinion) advice is classified as insulting?

Also, it seems t me that you rather overuse unconstructive It is in violation of the rules weapon? By which you also unwittingly divert from the merit of the matter itself - and that is not our fault either.

In either case and as per another thread: we've been told that somebody from HP would get back to us with an update - and that has not happened yet. We are still waiting.

HP Recommended

@krzemien

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post serial numbers and case details.

I Work for HP
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.