Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
christopher14 Honor Student
Honor Student
3 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Laptop Turns On When I Pressed The Power Button But Shuts Off Immediatly After A Few Seconds

Pavilion dm4
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)
I wanna to use my laptop and I pressed the power button to turn it on,then it powered on and then after about 10-15 seconds it shuts down back...what should I do? Do you have any idea why does this happen?
0 Kudos
2 REPLIES
Grad Student
Grad Student
702 8 56
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Laptop Turns On When I Pressed The Power Button But Shuts Off Immediatly After A Few Seconds

Pavilion dm4, win7-64

ok,  take out the battery , what does it do now.

step1 complete. have 10 more, .+

during 10 seconds can you enter the BIOS screens with F1, F9/F10 or ESC key or as your opr manual directs.

yes/no.

what full p/n not just DM4.  the full number matters.

this comment above assume power pack attached to PC and to wall with power there.

sure.

0 Kudos
christopher14 Honor Student
Honor Student
3 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

It won't turn on when I take out the battery

yes I can enter the bios setup

it is LD901PA#UUF
0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation