Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
MadelonM Honor Student
Honor Student
3 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Laptop battery charges slow, and drains when off.

HP stream x360

I have a HP stream x360, and it is having battery problems. First of all, it drains even when I shut it down completely. I shut it down with approximately 90% battery and about a day later it wont turn on. So I go to charge it, which leads to my second problem. It charges insanely slow. It has been plugged in for 12 hours, and when I press power, the button lights up for 5 seconds and then turns off. It isn't a kink in the wire because I store it properly, and it is unravelled when charging. It isn't the outlet because ai have moved 3 times, which means totally different outlets, but all with the same charge speed; SLOW. Finally, it is actually fully plugged into the computer because the little red light IS on, indicating it is charging. So what do I do? What is wrong? I can't take out a battery because it is internal. And currently, I cannot do anything with the computer because it is still dead, and it has a habit of taking 2 days to charge. About. Please help. I got it about 9 months ago. It isn't even a year old.

1 REPLY
Professor
Professor
1557 131 294
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post

Laptop battery charges slow, and drains when off.

If you press F2 when powering up it will launch the diagnostics menu which has a component test for the battery.  It sounds like the power adapter may be suspect also so it would be good if you can find a replacement to test with.  The laptop is under warranty for one year, I'm not sure if that covers the battery, you might want to contact HP.

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation