Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Omen
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I went into my BIOS and changed it so the function key would work only when I pressed Fn. As soon as I exited BIOS my laptop starts up like normal but once you get to the start screen and click to go to the login screen it just goes to a blank screen with restart and shutdown options. If I restart it usually comes up eventually but I can have to restart it 3 or more times before I can login. 

The laptop is only about 2 months old and I don't have a installation disc or USB so haven't been able to follow other forums advice. Also when I exited the BIOS my Pin wasn't working and I haven't been allowed to set one up since then, I click on Add Pin and it just has a loading symbol and then stops. 

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@ErinOsborne

Welcome to HP Forums, 

This is a great place to get support, find answers and tips, 

Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you out 🙂 

As I understand the login screen doesn't appear until the PC is restarted multiple times,

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details: 

What is the product number of your product? Use this link to find it: http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03754824 

Did you recently upgrade or downgrade the windows?

Have you made any recent hardware changes?

When was the last time it worked fine? Did you try a system restore?

While you respond to that, here's a few things you can try:

Restart the computer and access the safe mode to check if it works fine on it: Click here to know how to access safe mode.

CLICK HERE FOR MORE STEPS AND INSTRUCTIONS.

Keep me posted, 

If the information I've provided was helpful, 

give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons, 

that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers! 

Good Luck. 

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks for your reply! I haven't done what you asked because a few hours after I posted the question the Computer updated itself and everything seems to be completely fixed now! 

However if I do start to notice any issues within the next few days I'll follow your advice and see if it works. 

Thanks very much

HP Recommended

@ErinOsborne

Thank you for the update,

I appreciate your time and efforts, 

I'm glad you found the solution you were looking for. 

Thanks for taking the time to let the community know about the solution

You've been great to work with and it has been a genuine pleasure interacting with you.

I hope both you and your product works great and remain healthy for a long time 😉 

Feel free to post your query for any other assistance as well, 

It's been a pleasure interacting with you and I hope you have a good day ahead.

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts,  

mark my post as Accepted Solution. 

And click on the Purple Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment. 

Regards, 

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.