Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Chromebox
Chrome OS

I am trying to get a  Logitech C270 webcam to work with  Chromebox.

After plugging in to USB I can see it appear in the settings  . However when I try to run any camera apps such as webcam toy or camera I do not get any picture on the screen which remains black.

It  seems tha the camera does not switch on but i cannot fiind any way to change this. Any suggestions would be appreciated

Thanks   

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended
Hello Canninggm: I searched all your Computers device pages I found no answers their. I also searched it here on USA side for Chromebox found nothing. Then while I was their reading up more on this device. I clicked on HP's sales chat. They have that here in USA. I asked her if can connect a Webcam to the Chromebox. She replied back no Chromebox does not support web-cams. I did not think so my self because webcams need graphic cards installed on the devices such as full size computers have. This Chromebox is just mainly used for viewing things and has very little bit of operating software. Sorry . I really do not understand it because cell phones have cameras and they are very small. I guess it is just the way it is design and what they wanted it to do. To me I think they are just trying to fool people calling it next generation computer. Sure doesn't look like one cell phone has more options then this thing does and they are calling it a computer. This is why the web cam doesn't work. frrw

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended
Hello Canninggm: I searched all your Computers device pages I found no answers their. I also searched it here on USA side for Chromebox found nothing. Then while I was their reading up more on this device. I clicked on HP's sales chat. They have that here in USA. I asked her if can connect a Webcam to the Chromebox. She replied back no Chromebox does not support web-cams. I did not think so my self because webcams need graphic cards installed on the devices such as full size computers have. This Chromebox is just mainly used for viewing things and has very little bit of operating software. Sorry . I really do not understand it because cell phones have cameras and they are very small. I guess it is just the way it is design and what they wanted it to do. To me I think they are just trying to fool people calling it next generation computer. Sure doesn't look like one cell phone has more options then this thing does and they are calling it a computer. This is why the web cam doesn't work. frrw
HP Recommended

Thanks very much for the information. Clearly you spent a lot of time and trouble checking this out and I very much appreciate it.

After reading your reply I am very disillusioned with bot HP and Google. Both are very good at mentionning all the advantages of the chrome box  woth Chrome OS but convieniently  forgot to mention that it does not work with camcameras.

Slighly misleading I think 

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.