cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
moon60516
6 6 0 0
Message 11 of 15
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi

Thanks for the reply.  I will report my success or falure as soon as I get the job done.

0 Kudos
moon60516
6 6 0 0
Message 12 of 15
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi

The change to Win 7 was successful.  All drivers worked except the audio drive.  However, the audio drivers seem to be installed.  Maybe from an update that I did not notice.  There is another driver missing, and I am not able to find one on the internet.  It is the driver for the wireless card.  The vendor id is 0x14E4, and the device id is 0x4359.  That device id led me to a driver from Dell that does not work.  Any ideas?

0 Kudos
Paul_Tikkanen
Level 21
Level 21
132,431 122,608 20,163 30,937
Message 13 of 15
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi:

I am not happy about the audio driver not working and that is what I was afraid of.

See if you can do an automatic update from Microsoft from the audio device in the device manager.

The wireless card driver...see if this one works.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=cp-117088-1&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en...

moon60516
6 6 0 0
Message 14 of 15
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi Paul

The installation is complete, and all the drivers work.  Even in cases I did not understand.  After installing the audio and wireless drivers, the flags in the Device Manager remained.   But I did some updating drivers from the device manager and rebooting, and all of a sudden all the flags went away.  It looks like all the drivers you suggested worked. 

Thanks for all your help.  We could not have done it without you.   Finding the the drivers would really have been a problem.  Thanks again.

Just for your information, Charlie, the computer owner is 84, soon to be 85, and I am 83.  You just have to stay mentally active in your old age.

0 Kudos
Paul_Tikkanen
Level 21
Level 21
132,431 122,608 20,163 30,937
Message 15 of 15
Flag Post
HP Recommended

That is fantastic.

I hope that if I make it into my 80's, I am still going strong like you guys!

I'm 61 now, so I have a little ways to go.

Happy New Year and all the best for a great 2014!

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation