cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
chazmoney
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Looking to upgrade need help

HP Recommended
HP Prodesk 600 G1 SFF
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I am into light gaming and my desktop has a good cpu and all but I am looking to upgrade my graphics card. I am looking at the 1060 or maybe something cheaper and I was wondering whether I need to upgrade my power supply aswell. 

Thanks for the help

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
beatgr
Level 6
354 350 33 66
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP ProDesk 600 G1 Small Form Factor (SFF)

http://h20566.www2.hp.com/portal/site/hpsc/public/psi/home?sp4ts.oid=5387447&ac.admitted=14885505849...

The ProDesk 600 was designed for the business, office maketplace.

IMHO, I do not consider Small Form Factor (SFF) or "purpose built" business computers

good candidates for "Gaming Updates".

WHY?  Limitations in supporting additional Wattage for Graphics cards (Propritary power supplies, Thermal limitations/Cooling within case design).

Consumer Desktop Computing is splitting into 2 camps:

Gaming Enthusiasts (expansion/graphics cards/customization) and

Business/Office (becoming more like tablets/laptops - purpose built).

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation