cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
gjhuff
Level 2
18 15 1 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Solved!

Losing Touch

HP Recommended
IQ 526
Other

Ok, I have had probvlems with the touch screen in this unit for as long as I have had it.    The topuch feature is much more valuable in Windows 8, 8.1 and 10 than it wes in Viwta or 7.

Ater much effort, with help from this board and other spots on the internet, I was able to get it to  work in Windows 7, 64 bit.  I then upgrded to the 10 prview and it worked for 2 boots.  The Nextwindow and HID Touchscreen drivers were insetalled when you used the "Show Hidden devices" in Device Manager.  but on t he 3rd reboot, touch wnet away.  The drives still showed up, but showed "Code 45" errors indicating that the touchscreen wasn't connected.  I think Windows automatically updated the GEForce Nvidia video driver, but am not sure this made a differenc.

Any ideas?  I'm not really interested in a cookbook answer as those have not helped so far.  WEhy would re-booting turn off the touchscreen?    

0 Kudos
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
gjhuff
Author
Level 2
18 15 1 0
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Ok, I fixed this with some luck.   HP provided cook book answers which never worked.  In googling the issue, I cam across a discussion on a Dell board with an identical problem on a Dell AIO touchscreen.  Apprently the upgrade to Windows 8.1 causes Windows to stop powering the touchscreen and shutting it down.  So, the drivers become hidden in device manager and show "Code 45" errors.    The answe?  Disable Windows' ability to power off all USB devices.  

As directed, I went to Device Manager and clicked on Hidden Interface Devices.  I then used the "View" comand to show ll hidden d evices.  Then, clicking on each USB Input Devcew, I called up Properties and then Powe Management.  I then unchecked the box allowing windows to tun off the device.   I then rebooted and viola, Touch had returned.

I hope this helps anyone else with the same problem.   

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
gjhuff
Author
Level 2
18 15 1 0
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Ok, I fixed this with some luck.   HP provided cook book answers which never worked.  In googling the issue, I cam across a discussion on a Dell board with an identical problem on a Dell AIO touchscreen.  Apprently the upgrade to Windows 8.1 causes Windows to stop powering the touchscreen and shutting it down.  So, the drivers become hidden in device manager and show "Code 45" errors.    The answe?  Disable Windows' ability to power off all USB devices.  

As directed, I went to Device Manager and clicked on Hidden Interface Devices.  I then used the "View" comand to show ll hidden d evices.  Then, clicking on each USB Input Devcew, I called up Properties and then Powe Management.  I then unchecked the box allowing windows to tun off the device.   I then rebooted and viola, Touch had returned.

I hope this helps anyone else with the same problem.   

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation